Granola hasn’t always had the best reputation when it comes to being healthy! But this granola is different. It is low in sugar, high in fibre, good fats and taste! It is so easy to make and the perfect topper for yoghurt, porridge or fruit and can be eaten alone or with milk. You can mix-up the nuts and seeds to increase the plant-variety each time or remove the nuts if you are adding it to lunchboxes.
Serves 12 (1 serve = 1/3 cup)
Prep time: 2 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes
1 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup quinoa flakes
½ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup pecans
¼ cup almonds
1/3 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup honey (or maple syrup / golden syrup)
2 Tablespoons tahini
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Combine all dry ingredients.
3. Combine all wet ingredients.
4. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
5. Lay out on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
6. Bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown (stir after 10 mins).
7. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
8. Serve as a topper with Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit.